Thursday, February 9, 2017

What is the Best Program?


I see this question hundreds of times on social media like Facebook and Twitter.  As an entrepreneur or an aspiring one, it is important to know differences between affiliate marketing, MLM programs, and Ponzi schemes.  It's best to keep these tips in mind if you want to build your business online:
- Due Diligence - One of the most important things to consider when selecting a program of interest. It's not enough to just go to a website and look for spelling errors.  You need to comb every inch of the business you are looking at, talk to people who have used the program.  Reviews can be tricky because of the validation factor.  Make sure you are comfortable before joining.
- Trials - If a company offers a free trial or has a free account offering, this is a good sign for you.  It's giving the Interested person a chance to try the product or service out before making any purchases (if any).  Legitimate companies will give you all the information up front in a clear format so you don't have to go digging and reading fine print.
- Copyrights - This tip is very underrated because people usually don't look at the copyright of a website.  My recommendation is if it's in the year you are currently in or a year before usually it's a good, up to date website.  If you scroll down and see the copyright that is from 2005 it might not be kept up or updated so I would advise to stay away. 
- Contact Information - Another very important mechanism for a legitimate program.  If you can't find any contact information how will you get help if you are stuck?  Even worse, what if you have an angry affiliate who wants their money back?  This is definitely something to keep in the foreground of your thought process. 
Now this next bit of information might shock some of you.  I see this mistake over and over again.  I see this posted throughout hundreds of groups, "Hey want to join my business and make x amount of dollars?" Or "I just started my own business with this affiliate program.".
Being an affiliate and being a business owner are two drastically different things.  Do not mix the two or think they have the same meaning.  I know from experience because I have actually owned my own LLC which was registered with the state of Connecticut.  I have also been an affiliate with a number of companies. As an affiliate you are considered an independent contractor which means just that.  The company contracts you as an affiliate when you join and register. You are not a partner of the company.  Make sure to read any agreements or documents carefully before joining a program.  This information isn't here to scare you from ever joining another program, it's presented so you have a trusted source to fall back on when you have doubts.
I know this may cause some unrest but please be aware I am not shooting anyone's dreams or goals down.  I'm merely stating facts from experience. 
I hope this post has helped educate you and made you more keen about the different opportunities out on the internet.  By educating yourself with the right information you will be able to make sound decisions in the future. 
Important Note: Notice how I am not claiming to be a "guru".  I also see a lot of that going around.  As far as I see it, I am learning new things every day and actually strive to do so.  The day I become an expert is when the community accepts and trusts my information in my blog as trustworthy and valid in my field.  That is my end goal; to give my knowledge back to the entrepreneurial community so they can succeed and grow just like I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment